September 15, 2011
Note: I see this as being one of the biggest days in Stephanie’s life to date; a day I will never forget as this would the
start of mini Real Life Test experiment (yes, some of it was in what some consider it to be a controlled
environment but it will be the longest real life test that Stephanie has had to date)
- After working half a day, I was ready to begin Stephanie’s first vacation. On this day, I decided to treat myself to a manicure and pedicure and then get my first set of gel nails for both my hands and toes (refer to September 15th pictures in my album). I did not want to have to worry about losing or bothering with nails on this vacation. It was the best decision that I made in a long time. I was extremely happy with them. Thank you Rebekah for recommending that I add the thin silver line between the nail and the tip and for suggesting that I waxed my brows to clean them up and get them into a more feminine shape. As you know Rebekah, we had lots of on line chats and shared lots of similarities and you knew how I was so eager to meet you once I got to SCC.
- I them started my commute to Calgary to connect with Samantha, who would be travelling with me on the trip and with Raechell, who would be joining us in Atlanta.
- I also had an opportunity to connect with Jordenne, who I have connected with on-line and telephone. Although out visit was brief, I was very much honored to have meet you, Jordenne, as I believe we have connected as very good friends and look forward to connecting again. :)
- Also on this day, Samantha taught me a thing or two about packing. I had a carry-on bag and a personal bag along with a checked bag. When she had finished repacking, there was only a carry-on bag and a personal bag. I was totally amazed on how that was possible but it was achieved.
September 16, 2011
- I was initially planning to wait until we got to Phoenix and checked into out accommodations before commencing Stephanie’s vacation but woke up that morning and decided why wait. I decided that Stephanie was going to start her vacation this am.
- Samantha and I tried to check in on-line but the system told us we needed to check in with an agent at the terminal. That was my first test. The agent validated our documents and when she checked my passport (still in my male name and picture) against how I presented, she said with a giggle that had changed a bit and that she hoped we enjoyed our flight. Gotta love Westjet :)
- My big test was to come next – going through US Customs. I had heard stories from other girls and I was a bit worried about it. I could have bypassed it with my NEXUS card but decided to wait in line with Samantha. When I was called to the agent, I was posed; smiled and answered his questions without skipping a beat. I was prepared with my carry letter from my psychologist close at hand, but my fears were for not when he wished me a pleasant flight.
- One hurdle was passed now it was time to get through security. I had also heard interesting stories about how some girls have had to deal with security and was also worried. I played several scenarios through my mind and once again had my carry letter close at hand. Once again, these fears were for not as I was once again posed and smiled and had no issues. Thank you Samantha for traveling with me GF and for taking my first ever Stephanie pre-boarding pictures at the gate (refer to pictures in album).
- The direct flight to Phoenix was great and I even had an opportunity to watch Bridesmaids. I highly recommend it as I enjoyed it. According to Samantha, I enjoyed it so much that I was even waking her up every once in a while during it as I was laughing so much.
- We actually got to Phoenix early but due to issues with docking with the jetway, we ended up arriving right on time. Since neither of us had any checked bags, we went straight to get our rental car and then we drove to our resort for our stay in Phoenix. After getting checked in and settled, we decided to stop at a few stores for some incidental items and of course we decided to stop at In’N’Out Burger as it has been a while since the two of us had it as this chain is not in Canada. We then got back to the resort and just relaxed.
September 17, 2011
- This was to be a great day for me – meeting with my on-line friend Grace; connecting with Veronica for a makeover and photo shoot; meeting another on line friend Kari and then finally connecting with all of them and with Brittney and Amber for the first time – I was so looking forward to this day for a long time.
- I left the resort and told Samantha that I would be back in the afternoon to pick her up before we headed to dinner and the evening out. She was planning to enjoy a day at the pool at the resort. Apparently, Stephanie cannot estimate time well (more on that later).
- Thanks to my GPS, I had not problem getting to Grace’s home. Sure I missed it by half a block but all in all the Garmin is still reliable. I was worried that once I got there and Grace saw me that she would be disappointed – but I guess I was worried for not as she later told me that I was far from disappointing to her. After a brief visit, we made our way to Veronica’s.
- The makeover and photo shoot with Veronica (Eyesthatsparkle) was very enjoyable (refer to pictures in the album). The dress that I was going to wear for the photo shoot did not do it for any of us and Veronica said to just wait a minute. She returned with a Little Black Dress (LBD) that she thought would look great on me – and it went great with my heels. She was right and what amazed me was it was a 14 and it fit me perfectly.
- The photo shoot around her condo grounds and the beautiful landscaping of her church resulted in many very good pictures (refer to my album). If your ever in Phoenix and are looking to have a makeover and photo shoot, I would highly recommend Veronica :)
- I then dropped Samantha line to let her know I would be on my way to pick her up for dinner. Once again, it was proven that Stephanie cannot estimate time. With a change of plans, I ended up taking Grace home so she could get ready for tonight and stopped and had a brief visit with her lovely wife and then I returned back to Samantha. Well, upon my return, Samantha had every right to be upset with me, I ended up begin 1.5 hours later than I told her. Sorry again Samantha.
- We then drove to Tizoc for our dinner and then we ended up at Cruisin’ 7th. It was here that we connected with Kayleigh. I am glad that I meet you Kayleigh. I look forward to building on our friendship into the future :). This was an enjoyable evening and I did not want it to end.
September 18, 2011
- After sleeping in a bit, Samantha and I made it over to Brittney’s and Amber’s. There we enjoyed a wonderful afternoon and evening (refer to pictures), with them and Kayleigh, which included the outdoor pool; numerous libations (in reflection, I have not had that much in about 20 years); a BBQ and just time socializing. Why did this day have to end? I would say, to date, this would be Stephanie’s best day in her life so far :)
September 19, 2011
- I woke up this morning and felt great – not one bit hung over, which I know surprised both myself and Brittney. But once again, today also proved that I would not estimate time again, I left meet up with Veronica to get some one-on-one makeup lessons. This was very valuable as she walked me through what I needed to know and had I do all of it myself as she walked me through it step by step. When we finished, we went to a few stores so I could get some products and then I dropped her off at her place. Before heading back to our resort, Veronica allowed me honor of purchasing the LDB and I knew it would come in handy on Friday night at SCC, but more on that later. When I got back, Samantha was not in the room. When she did come to the room from the pool, I could sense she was upset – upset at me for abandoning her again for the majority of the day. I felt very bad and realized after talking to my wife, that I was being very, very selfish. Samantha, you’re a really good friend. I invited you to come along with me and then I ended up just focusing on myself. It was not my intention. Although you knew I had the Saturday booked for the makeover and photo shoot, this day was added at the end of Saturday as it was not pre-booked. I was very honored to have an opportunity to get specialized one-on-one makeup lessons as I had been struggling with doing my make up for a long time, even with the amount of practice I have been putting in on a fairly regular basis. I am glad that you eventually forgave me for my selfishness and I promise you that I will do my best never to do that again to you or another friend.
September 20, 2011
- Today for lunch Samantha and I met Kayleigh for lunch and visit. It was cut short as she had to go to work and I wish it could have lasted longer. Kayleigh, I know that Samantha and I had a great time meeting and getting to know you in the last few days. I personally hope that our friendship will continue to grow.
- Samantha and I then went to Arizona Mills to do some shopping while we waited for Brittney and Amber to join us. I believe that Samantha found her new best clothing store (Xi Clothing) in that mall as we spent the majority of the time in it – and she found some wonderful items including a very cute white dress for SCC.
- When Brittney and Amber joined us they asked if I found something and I said yes but wanted their opinion. When I showed the a cute LBD - fun party/cocktail dress - to them, I was told I was brave and that it probably would not work for me. I had nothing to lose so I grabbed it along with several others that Brittney kept handing me, while she and Amber kept selecting some for Amber to try on. We then went to the fitting room and I tried on the various dresses – leaving the LBD to the end. When I got into it, I asked Amber to assist me with the zipper and I could tell by the expression on her face that it looked good on me. Amber then called Brittney out of her fitting room to come and look at me. I wish I had a camera to take your picture when you opened the door to your fitting room and I asked you what you thought. I can still remember the first word out of your mouth – WOW! At that point I knew I had a winner for another dress for SCC (a girl cannot have enough LBD’s in her wardrobe). I wish that I could have more opportunities to shop with the both of you as I would love to have your thoughts and comments as I try on other looks as I value your opinions.
- After a little more shopping and walking the mall, we all agreed that it was time for dinner so we all went to a Brittney and Amber’s favorite Sushi restaurant. Being a big sashimi and sushi lover, I was looking forward to this but although Samantha said she was ok with going there we all knew she did not really care for it. The food was very good; the visit was even better. Samantha was brave to try some of the items that were ordered but still did not really get an appreciation for it – maybe you will acquire that taste in time GF. It was here that I shared some very personal feelings with my close GF’s. I am glad that I did and a greatly appreciate the feedback that all of you provided to me. I have not vetted some of those feelings out to anyone else and was very glad I had the opportunity to do so to the three of you. It was there that I experienced a very moving moment of my timeline and gained some insight on what I needed to do for me in general. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Brittney, Samantha and Amber :)
- We then called it a night and Samantha and I then returned to our accommodations. The events from the evening finally caught up to me and although you probably don’t know this Samantha, I cried myself to sleep that evening. I now had a better insight into what I had to do but still did not have a firm plan in place or any timelines set.
September 21, 2011
- After getting some assistance from Samantha, my clothing got packed back into the nap sack and roller bag and went to the airport. Although we did not have to clear customs, we had to clear the TSA document check desk before we could proceed to TSA security. When I was called up the gentleman looked at my passport, boarding pass and then me. After he did this five or six times he looked up to me and was about to speak. As he was doing this I was getting a bit nervous but did not show it; rather, I gave him a big smile. The then proceeded to speak and then said the following that made my day – “You look great. I hope you will have a nice flight.” I had no issue with security but I wish I could say the same for Samantha. Apparently, the coffee she had in her carry on triggered a secondary search of her bag.
- We then went to the gate and Brittney eventually joined us. Due to a change in planes, seat assignments were changed but with Samantha’s fine talking to the gate agent, we managed to get three seats together to Atlanta. I was very happy to be in the middle with Samantha in the seat next to the aisle and Brittney in the seat next to the window. The flight was fine and I even had a chance to have several short but good conversations with Brittney.
- When we arrived in Atlanta, we connected with Raechell who arrived before us and we then got the rental car and drove to the hotel. Once there we all checked in. I then unpacked and connected with Monica (Monica Prata Nouveau She) for my initial meeting, wardrobe review and basic deportment lesson. After we finished, I made my way to the lobby – the central gathering place.
- I then spent the evening socializing with many friends that I have been connecting with on line and some of my Canadian Girl Friends, who I talked into coming to their first SCC as well with me, and had several discussions with them throughout the evening. I know that I will probably forget some names, sorry in advance, but some of the girls that I connected with are: Jackie, Sarah, Ally, Rebecca, Emma, Nichole, Lynn, Sydney, Chrissi, Coleen and Jessica.
- The evening closed off by assisting Jessica in moving her bags into my/our room. Even though Jessica lived in the area, I extended an invitation to her to stay with me so she would not have to commute back and forth during the conference. I am personally glad that she accepted the invitation. Jessica and I have been on-line friends for a while – we chatted here on Facebook, on Skype and even on the phone but we never connected in person. Jessica, you are a dear friend to me and I will treasure the time that we shared at SCC. I also wish you all the luck as you move forward with your company (It’s A Girl Productions) – I have faith and confidence that you will do very, very well with it and that you will be in a very high demand in the near future.
September 22, 2011
- This day started off by me just getting dressed, with my hair and no makeup (very casual start) and going downstairs to get coffee and pastries for Monica and I. I then went to Monica’s suite, where she assisted me with my daytime makeup and where I also connected with Coleen and Holly.
- Monica and I then went to Macy’s where I tried on various outfits to determine which styles worked for me. Apparently, my taste was not that off and we both managed to select several outfits (I could not wait to wear some of them while at SCC) that I purchased, along with various accessories. I highly recommend contacting Monica is you are looking for style advice and direction, as she is very much up with the times and would never steer anyone wrong.
- When we got back to the hotel, I went and registered officially for SCC and this is where I meet JoAnn and Cynthia. It was time to sit in on Rebekah’s session. I was very much looking forward to this session. As stated earlier, we had lots of on line chats and shared lots of similarities and I was very eager to meet her. We actually connected in the lobby outside the session area as she was waiting for some friends to arrive. When we met, I saw the same positive glow as you portrayed in our on-line conversations. Your smile showed the confidence that you displayed. Looking at the too of us, I am amazed at how far we have both come to date (with the weight loss and our looks). Although you had some technical issues with your session, I found it to be very informative and what I need to assist me as I continue to move forward, in my journey. That fear of the unknown has been with me and I truly believe that your session helped me to remove most of it; so Thank You Very ,Very Much :)
- I then meet up with Gina for a makeover that was recommended to me by Coleen, who spent some time with her in LA, earlier this summer. I wanted to get some assistance with an evening look and Gina, I am happy with what you did. I had the opportunity to recently order and receive her make-up DVD’s (Transformations by Gina – Makeup 101), which I found very informative and I was looking forward to see what you could do to assist me. If you are just starting out with make-up or if you are looking for more insight in how to perfect your look or get some opinions on techniques, I recommend that you contact her and get your DVD’s today.
- I then went to dinner with a few girl friends (Jackie, Holly, Jessica, and another friend, who’s name escapes me at the time of writing this note – I wish we took a picture – LOL) to a wonderful seafood restaurant, where we spent the evening socializing over great food and beverages. After that we returned to the hotel and the socializing began. It was here that I got to meet up with several current and new friends (I once again want to apologize if I forget anyone as there were too many names to remember during a first meeting) – Lisa, Jayne, Stacey, Stephanie, Dolly, Katie, Shellie, Julie, Jamie, Jessica Marie, Kaylee, Brandi, Dr. Sherman Leis and Lisa.
- I was very happy to connect with Shellie and we had a wonderful talk that I will continue to treasure. The insight that you provided me will be greatly appreciated. I am sure that it will be very valuable as I continue in my journey and I am glad that we developed a personal one-on-one connection, which continued from our on-line chats. I truly know that Randi is very glad to have you at her side. Your positive enthusiasm and happy personality make you to be a person that I am very happy to call a friend. Thank you for sharing your personal experience and advice and your willingness to have both my wife and I contact you as I continue in my journey. We will be taking you up on that offer :)
- Stephanie – What can I say? You rock Sister! The bound that we made on this day is one that I will treasure for eternity. I can only image what you have gone through after we shared our personal history. I strongly believe that this conversation brought us closer together – a friendship and a sister ship that will last for many years to come. I hope that one day that I will be able to work it as good as you do – correction, I know that one day I will :)
September 23, 2011
- This day started off on an interesting note. On this day, I provided Jessica with an opportunity that she had been after me on since we first connected on-line last year. She always said that she wanted an opportunity to do my makeup – well that was finally going to happen this morning.
- But before I get to that opportunity, I experienced a very moving moment that morning. Once again, I went downstairs, like yesterday morning and was planning to take in some of the vendor area. It was outside of this area where I was approached by two ladies who came up to me and engaged me in a very heated conversation. They opened up by asking me “What I was doing?” I was taken a bit a back at this and asked them what they meant. They then asked me “Why am I down here dressed so casually and wearing no make up?” That floored me. Who are they to judge what I do and how I present myself? I told them to look around (all be it, there were not that many ladies in the are). Then I told them I have spent the better part of the last year just observing ladies in various settings, at different times during the day and asked the “How many ladies get all glammed up before 9 am and if they ever really paid attention to that in the general public?” I then stated that I am happy with myself and how I present myself and that I do my best to dress appropriately and present myself for the occasion in which I am in. And if they take acceptation to that – Too Bad! I then bid them a good day and continued into the vendor area. I knew they were speechless as they mouths just hung open and they had a dumbfounded look on their faces. I did not care. It felt good to be me and to tell them how I felt. From that moment, I knew today was going to be a great day :)
- Getting back to the Jessica - I hope your opportunity to do my makeup it turned out like you expected – I know I was happy with the results :). After she was done, her Mom (sorry your name escapes me as I am writing this note) took my pictures with the green screen in several poses. I am anxiously awaiting how the look turned out in the various backgrounds/magazine covers, as I have seen the results of other girls from SCC and I am sure they will look great.
- Prior to taking in a few sessions, I took a moment to pop upstairs to Amy’s room to say “Hi”. It was there that I met Mom (Mary Anne). The connection was instant and it would continue to build from that moment forward. I confirmed details with Amy for later today and then went to take in a couple sessions and then headed to lunch with Brittney and Lynn. Thank You ladies for allowing the privilege to sit with you.
- I them took part in Monica’s session and was honored when she asked me in advance, while we were shopping yesterday at Macy’s if she could use me as a model during this session, while I displayed the lovely red dress that I bought. Prior to the start of the session, I assisted Coleen in greeting guests at the door. When Monica called me up during the session, I was a little shocked when she started comparing my outfit to Lisa’s. I know it was all in good humor and that Monica and Lisa have been friends for a while. It was nice to assist Monica with this part of her session and I was glad to be a part of it with Lisa.
- After this session, I had the privilege to have a brief discussion with Dr. Christine McGinn. Although we had connected on-line, I wanted to just take a moment to introduce myself and to say “Hi” before I headed into the next session. Christine has gone through a lot and I have seen various videos and read many stories on her journey to date, from various sources on-line but to actually meet her in person makes it so much more special.
- I them attended Dr. Sherman Leis’ session. I found it to be very informative and was very happy with his professionalism. He did not put down any other surgeons and stressed that he believes in only doing the minimum procedures necessary to bring out a person’s beauty. I was even happy to assist with his computer technical issues that arose during the presentation. Being the somewhat technical IT individual (even though I don’t do that day in and out), I still have managed to get a good understanding of problem resolution from mostly trial and error and from what I learnt over the years. It took all I could to sit back and not jump up to assist right away as I did not want to be perceived as being too forceful. However, after watching others try things that did not do anything to resolve the issue at hand and by getting a few of Rebekah’s suggestive nugs to go up there to assist him (I think she had a feeling I was eager to assist him); I went up and had it corrected within a few seconds and he continued with his presentation for all to see. I knew I did well from the smile and head nod that Rebekah sent my way.
- Well today was Friday night and I wanted to glam it up with my LDB that I got in Phoenix from Veronica. I knew that although my makeup skills were getting better, I would need some assistance for tonight and Saturday night – the two big nights at SCC. Tonight, I knew I was in good hands with Amy. Amy had shown me that I could look great when I had my first true makeover and photo shoot with her at Glamour Boutique 2 in Las Vegas back in March (see my album). For tonight, I came down with the LBD and told her the look I was aiming for – Sexy, Hot and Glamorous. When she was done, I was at a loss of words (see my current fb profile picture). I loved this look and it went great with the dress and the heels I had. Mom then came into the room and I could see she was very happy with the look. So much so that she took some pictures and then had me take some more on the bed in her room (see my album).
- We then went downstairs to socialize and meet up with my Sisters Stephanie and Katie and Aunt Suzane. After spending some time together downstairs we also managed to make it to a hospitality suite and then continued to mingle with others throughout the hotel. We even managed to get a family picture (see album).
- Halfway through the evening, I decided to change my dress and put on the LDB that I found at Arizona Mills (good thing too as it was a lighter material and I was getting warm in the other one).
- On this evening, I got to meet up with several current and new friends (I once again want to apologize if I forget anyone as there were too many names to remember) – Nicole, Lana, Dee, Brandi, Espy, and Carla (to name just a few).
- Mom, Aunt Suzane and I had a great visit this evening. I learnt that Aunt Suzane will be in Vegas when I am there next month. Unfortunately, Mom’s schedule does not allow her to be there during that time but she said I would be in great hands with Aunt Suzane. It will be great to spend time with her in Las Vegas and at Amy’s Glamour Boutique 2 Halloween Party.
- I am not too sure where Sister Stephanie disappeared to this evening but Sister Katie, Carla, Lynn, Espy and I ended up having a very long conversation outside the main doors of the hotel in the bench area. Shortly thereafter, everyone decided to turn in, but Carla, Katie and I went back to Katie’s room for more discussion and nightcaps. Carla decided to eventually turn in and Katie and I continued to get to know each other more and before we realized it, the night quickly became morning and the sun was starting to rise (although I did not get a lot of sleep when I turned in, I was not tired when I woke up the next morning. I guess SCC does something to you that keep your energy level going strong :)
September 24, 2011
- This was to be the biggest day of SCC with the wrap up formal banquet. I began to wonder where all my time went as it had gone by way too quickly.
- This morning I met up with Monica so we could discuss how everything would look for the formal banquet tonight, as I was enlisting her assistance with my makeup for this evening.
- I then went down to the vendor area and connected with a few friends and found a pair of shoes to go with my gown for tonight as my feet were starting to swell, over the last few days, from the prolonged heat and I knew I would have an issue for tonight. I did manage to secure a nice pair of one toe pumps in the process. It was also here that I was invited by some Vanity Club (VC) gals to come with them to a gathering upstairs, later this afternoon.
- I then joined Logan, Lisa and Jane for lunch and then socialized with a few other ladies before a group of us went upstairs to the VC gathering. I had known about the VC for a while and always thought they displayed glamour, grace, elegance, beauty, and confidence – everything I strived for as Stephanie; so it was an honor to be asked up to the Penthouse Suite. It was here that I meet many girls, which included several that I had already connected with in the previous few days but I did not know that they were VC girls, and some new ones. After visiting for a while I sat in on their presentation of VC pins ceremony to newly installed members and a reinstatement of another. It was then time to hear from some perspective members who introduced themselves. After being encouraged by a few friends, I also addressed the group of ladies and provided them with a brief summary of myself.
- When this was done, I took in another session and before I knew it was time to go and see Monica to get ready for tonight. After some minor alternations/suggestions to my look by Coleen and Holly, I was good to go to be in Monica’s hands for my make up for tonight. She did a great job, as is shown in my formal pictures and the pictures from this evening (see album).
- Prior to the banquet, I managed to have my first formal pictures taken and I can say they turned out great. Initially I thought I had over done it with my gown, as I did not happen to see many formal gowns but everyone who came up to me said I look lovely and it suited the occasion very well.
- I also got to meet more friends for the first time today, including and not limited to (and I once again want to apologize if I forget anyone) – Alicia, Jeanine and Andrea.
- Once again the night quickly disappeared and morning was upon us, but once again I was not tired and was full of energy. However, this night was hard on me, and if you did not know this Jessica, I cried myself to sleep as my time at SCC was winding down to quickly for my liking.
September 25, 2011
- We gathered downstairs to meet up with a few friends for a departure breakfast in male mode. As much as I though of it, I just could not bring myself to doing that. I felt normal and natural as Stephanie and this was her vacation so I am not sure if I looked out of place but I did not revert to guy mode for the breakfast – I apologize in advance to everyone who joined us if I offended any of you by doing this, but I think you understand where I was coming from. After we said good byes, I assisted Jessica in getting her stuff down to her Mom’s car and said good bye to my dear friend and my first SCC room mate.
- I then sat in the lobby, as we had a few hours to kill before Samantha, Raechell and I headed to the airport. Here I chatted with Brittney and Rebekah, before Rebekah drove Brittney to the airport for her flight (it was hard to say good bye to the two of you and yes Brittney you told me not to start with the tears and I did hold them back until after you left); with Lynn before she went to lunch with some friends; and then I met and chatted with a new friend for a few hours. Kiera, it was great to visit with you and I am glad that Rebekah and Brittney introduced us. I am sure that our friendship will continue to grow over the years to come.
- Lynn - What can I say? We have developed a friendship that I hope you will want to build on into the future. I look forward to staying in touch with you GF :) It was hard to say good bye when you left.
- Samantha, Raechell and I then went to the airport where I once again had no issues with checking in or with TSA security. Unfortunately, Raechell was on another later flight to Minneapolis-St. Paul and would meet us there as we were on the same flight together back to Calgary. The only minor issue arose at the gate in Atlanta when they double checked my passport and continue to call out in my birth name asking where this gentleman was. I then told them it was me. They did a double take and then smiled and proceed to allow me to board.
- The flight to Minneapolis-St. Paul was a bit emotional for me, as I knew that Stephanie’s vacation was nearing a close, but I managed to hold back the tears. When we got to Minneapolis-St. Paul we learnt that Raechell’s flight was not that far behind us and was actually arriving early. Samantha then went to meet her at her arrival gate and I stayed at our departure gate. The both arrived back before we were ready to board our flight to Calgary.
- The flight to Calgary was very emotion for me and I broke down several times. I know that many Girl Friends told me this might happen and although I could understand this, it is truly different when you actually experience it. I thought I was a stronger person but I guess I was proven wrong. It was a good thing that Samantha and Raechell sat ahead of me so they did not have to hear my sobbing. I am sure the lady that sat next to me thought I was an emotional wreck – and to some point I guess I was.
- Before we knew it we got to Calgary and I cleared customs this time using my NEXUS card and had no issues. As it was still before midnight, Samantha, Raechell and I decided to go to the Twisted Element to get in some dancing. We then went to out hotel for a few hours of sleep before we parted ways.
- Going to sleep that night, was very, very hard for me. It really set in again that Stephanie’s vacation was coming to an end – and I did not want it to stop and I cried myself to sleep.
September 26, 2011
- We woke up this morning and before departing I revert back to my male mode. After saying good bye to Samantha and Raechell, I started my drive back to Edmonton. That was the longest 2.5 hours of my life. I broke down several times, especially when I still looked down at my finger nails on the steering wheel. The 2.5 hour drive ended up being nearly 4 hours as I had to pull over several times to have a good hard cry.
- When I got back to Edmonton, I went to the same salon where I got my gel nails applied and had them removed. The technician kept asking if I was okay and if she was hurting me. I said that she was not. She then told me that she was just wondering as this was the first time she had someone cry when she removed their nails. I guess this was the nail in my coffin, as Stephanie’s vacation totally ended when the last nail came off. On a side note, I did have her apply clear polish on my nails so at least I had some keep sake of this vacation for a little while.
- When I got home, I was greeted by my wife. She and I had a good conversation about what I experienced and she was glad to have me home. She was glad that Stephanie had a good time and said her biggest fear was that I would want to start fulltime as soon as I got home. In the back of my mind, I did, but I needed to work out a few things first as this emotional journey needed to be dissected and analyzed by me. She inquired if there were spouses at SCC. I told her there were some and then she shocked me by asking me if I would not mind having her attend SCC with me. At this point I told her I would have no problem with it but that if that were to occur, I might end up with some late nights with friends and she said she would be ok with that as she may end up doing the same with others that she might become friends with or even with me and my friends. I guess only time will tell.
Note: My return home coincided with our 13th Anniversary. I can say that I have a loving, caring and supportive wife.
Thank You for allowing Stephanie to have this vacation.