Protect your Privacy: By Default, PINKessence is Open to Search Engines!
Make NO mistake, PINKessence.com (PE) and it's entire contents (photos, blogs, profile names, etc) are by default upon a member joining PE as a member "OPEN" to search engines, like Google, to crawl PE's network and "lift" content to be added to search engine databases.
Just like Facebook, "members" of PE may adjust their privacy settings, according to their needs. HOWEVER, PINKessence, Chloe Prince, NING.com, Glam Media, Sponsors of PINKessence or other moderators of PINKessence CAN NOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE 100% privacy of its members names, content, comments, chat rooms, (or anything else on PINKessence) EVEN IF a member has set their profile to MEMBERS ONLY VIEWING.
Why is my profile still not 100% safe if I set it to "Members Only" viewing?
PINKessence's Network is integrated with other social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo and Google. What this means is, ANYTHING you post on PINKessence could be "TAGED" or "SHARED" by other users and sent over to other social Profile, Group and FAN pages, like Facebook, etc.
PINKessence member content can also be picked up by RSS Feeders or reposted by other social networks themselves. PINKessence is NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY of its users content by being reposted or searchable on internet search engines via any screen capture, or known or unknown methods of sharing, reposting or feeding data to search engines or any other internet site or data collection service.
What does this mean for members?
Each member of PINKessence should CAREFULLY consider what they put on their personal PINKessence profile. The name, photo, medical history and location information on your PINKessence profile (if left opened) can be used to OUT YOU in a Google Search.
What can I do to make sure I'm not outted?
AT MINIMUM, all PE members should set their privacy settings to FRIENDS ONLY or MEMBERS ONLY under the PRIVACY SETTINGS. But doing this alone will not guarantee one's safety and privacy of being outted as a Transgender person from their association of being a member on PINKessence.
TIPS for using PINKessence with Caution
1. DO NOT USE ANY PART OF YOUR REAL NAME: This is common sense. DO NOT use any part of your real name, or a name you plan on later changing legally to use. IT CAN, AND MOST LIKELY WILL TURN UP IN GOOGLE or other SEARCH ENGINE websites.
2. DO NOT DOCUMENT REAL PLACES, NAMES: Again, this is common sense. Do not mention the names of REAL places you went to school, places you've worked or currently work, the names of your children, pets or competitions you won, etc. IT WILL TURN UP IN A GOOGLE SEARCH!
3. DO NOT USE A REAL PHOTO: While PE requires a profile to be of the actual member, we encourage ALL members to CAREFULLY consider posting their real photo of themselves. Thats not to say we are endorsing the idea of members to post a fake picture or disguise themselves in the picture - we're not. However, if a member chooses to not post a real photo of themselves, PINKessence moderators will re-set the members profile to a DEFAULT AVATAR with a (Pe) logo on the picture, and members who are not comfortable having their real photo posted on their profile, can (and should) leave the default (Pe) Avatar in place.
4. DO NOT POST CONTENT ON PE AND EXPECT ANY PRIVACY: As stated above, ALL content on PE can be "lifted", "taged" or "shared" over to other social networks. DO NOT POST anything you would not want anyone to take a screen capture of, Share, Tag, or repost into the general public outside the walls of PINKessence.
5: POST CAREFULLY AND AT YOUR OWN RISK: Once something from PINKessence has made its way onto the internet, Google search engines, or otherwise, PINKessence CAN NOT do anything about it, and takes no responsibility or liability for it, nor will PINKessence do anything to help remove it. ALL users will need to write to the perspective sites where their content, names or photos has shown up via PINKessence, and ask that they be removed. There is no guarantee it will be removed, and PINKessence makes no such warrantee - PINKessence and its owner and moderators are not responsible for any members data or content being made public or reused in or outside of PINKessence domain.
6. LOG OUT!: When you are done using PINKessence, USE THE "SIGN OUT" feature to make sure you are not left logged in. Additionally, members are encouraged to COMPLETELY delete/clear their surfing history on their computers and smart phones or tablet devices, after using PINKessence. You would be surprised! NOT DOING THIS has "outted" more people than anything else - make SURE you clear your digital foot print if you are at all worried about other users of your computer and devices finding out your activity and participation on PINKessence.
These TIPS alone can not guarantee your privacy on PINKessence - so be cautious and only participate and post on PE if you have carefully thought out ALL ramifications and taken precautions.
Think about members of your family, your job, YOUR FUTURE SELF!
PINKessence is a social network that is built upon the white label platform NING.com and Glam Media. The PINKessence NING network and Domain name "PINKessence.com" are owned and developed by Chloe Alison Prince.