These rules apply to all members with out bias to all aspects of the PINKessence network. There is ONE forum where advertisement of a business is OK - this does not include links to social networking or personal sites however. Mods will begin enforcing these retroactive starting today. Please take a look at your profiles and posts and be sure to adhere to the new criteria that helps to keep our network polished and clutter free of spam and needless redundancy. Unless we've talked about this and you've gotten permission & to be fair, there just can't be any exceptions. With all the new members coming into PE, there is WAY to much being sent to everyone's email box for "Join my XXXX site, Look at this, try & buy that," etc. PE is a vehicle for outreach and community - not a free resource tool for promotion... this being said, please read on:
1. NO "BUMPING" UP POSTS - What is "Bumping"?
When a member posts a Blog, it is time-stamped with a date and time. The date and time is used by our system to display the latest activity in chronological order. The blogging feature on PINKessence allows users to "edit" a posted blog at a later time. A blog's original post-date and post-time can be adjusted by the author. "Bumping" is the activity of purposely changing the post-date and or post-time to "bump" one's blog post up or down the latest activity and blog list roll. Please do not change a blog's ORIGINAL posting-date or posting-time for the single purpose of bringing it back to the top of the blog roll. Any blog post thats post-date or time that is changed for the purposes of "Bumping," will be deleted by the Mods or Admin. Repeat attempts can result in a suspension of access or membership or permeant ban from the network. If you have a need to "Bump", write the Mods or Admin for special permission to bump a blog post. Bumping is viewed as nothing more than self promotion, and is not necessary unless extenuating circumstances are petitioned for. It minimizes the exposure of new more recent blog posts, and is just NOT acceptable behavior. The only exception at this time, is granted to moderators for use in the interest of the network.
2. NO PROMOTING - Blogs, Forums, Profiles or any other aspect here in PE is NOT to be used as a self promotional tool for other sites, personal pages or business ventures, unless permission is petitioned for from PINKessence. PINKessence is primarily a resource for outreach, support and information and wishes to grow those resources HERE, in this network's pages. It is not part of PINKessence's scope to act as a network hub or promotional billboard for links to other sites on the internet - unless they are under a cooperation agreement with PINKessence.
3. PROFILE PHOTO - We ask that you please update your profile photo with a clear picture of a face shot - not a body shot only. Pictures here on PINKessence are searchable by internet search engines - so please post only a photo that you wouldn't mind if your family, friends, employer or under age minors would see as an example of what a Transgender person looks like. Avatars are not permitted - however, you may leave the default "Pe" Avatar pic in your profile page if you can't or do not wish to post a pic at this time. Additionally, profile photos may not be used as a vehicle for promotion - ie: posting links and/or ads in or on your avatar pic.
4. NO CANVASING - Do not use the PINKessence email (or any of its other features) for mass invites or solicitations to contacts for/to other networks, sites, blogs, your personal or businesses consulting services, or organizations or political opinions and polls or surveys. The members here at PE enjoy being sheltered from such spam - please respect that trust and do not spam in your PE Email, Blog or Forums. This being said, even though we try to keep things as private as possible, understand, any and all things posted here will NOT be protected if its illegal and we will surrender any and all information to authorities if asked. Therefore, ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING you post here on PE is at your own risk, and becomes the property of this network and owners/moderators to distribute, use or repost be it private or publicly distributed on PE.
5. NO PHOTO AD'S - Photos that are created and posted for the purpose of promotion will be deleted - NO LINKS, or other spam ads may be included on pictures. No posting "picture fliers" for the purpose of promotion.
6. PROFILE PROMOTING: If you have a link or a site being advertised on your profile you MUST have the PE Badge (Embedding the HTML Code) to be installed on that site. If you do not wish to reciprocate this, then either remove the reference of that site off your profile, or remove your self from PE membership. Otherwise your account will be banned until you fix the page in question. If you have a question about this, be sure to ask, This is heavily monitored. PE has a lot invested in this network and wishes to continue to grow it - and asks all that use the network to steer traffic to their site will rightfully reciprocate with a PE Badge Link on that page in question. Also, No using your Profile name, or questionnaire or comment section for the purpose of promotion.
7. CONTACT THE ADMINISTRATOR or MODERATOR FIRST! I am the founder of PINKessence. However, I have appointed Moderators and Administrators to handle and run PINKessence. I am always working to improve the network, however, if you contact me about an issue concerning PINKessence, most likely, it will go unanswered. YOU MUST CONTACT THE ADMINS FIRST. They will bring any matters to my attention that need addressed. ANY and ALL issues concerning PE, its leadership or policies MUST be brought to the administration to be resolved privately. Any email, blog forum post or comment in chat rooms WILL be deleted if it raises issues with PE, its leadership, policies, or any private correspondence between users or an Admin are referenced or posted publicly, the author of which maybe suspended or banned permanently. This also included comments brought to our attention from OUTSIDE the PE network by members. The scope of PINKessence and the sensitivity to which the network operates under is too dynamic and is a challenge on my personal relationships with friends and members. Therefore, I have had to step aside an allow others to take over with running the shop. You can contact the Admins and Moderators HERE.
PINKessence is a place for "SHARING EXPERIENCES" NOT A BOXING RING or a clothes line for airing your negative resentment, dirty laundry, agenda's or soliciting ones expert opinions or services.
8. PRIVACY OF POSTED CONTENT: PINKessence is an "open" network and is searchable by search engines like Google - for more on that, read here. By signing on and using the PINKessence network, you agree that ANY and ALL content you post to PINKessence, be it public or private, is forfeited and becomes property of PINKessence and may be used in any way the administration deems useful or necessary. You agree your photos, emails, chats, blogs, comments and any other content you upload is YOUR OWN WORK (unless cited to original owner with permission to use). You agree any and all content you upload can be used by other members of PINKessence as public domain, and maybe reposted with out your permission, as permission has been given by consenting to use the PINKessence network, regardless whether you have read these rules or not - you acknowledge that reading these rules is your own responsibility and PINKessence and its administrators, members or NING are not responsibly for any legal or mishandling of your name, photos, likeness or any other intellectual property or trade secrets posted of yours here on PINKessence. If you do NOT agree with these terms - DELETE YOUR CONTENT NOW AND UNSUBSCRIBE IMMEDIATELY. Removing your account doesn't revoke PINKessence rules or ownership of all content and its right to use it. PINKessence is not responsible for content posted on or out side the PINKessence Network by members and WILL NOT DELETE OR REMOVE ANY CONTENT FOR YOU - here on PINKessence, OR on the Internet.
9. FULL DISCLOSURE OF AGENCY: If you are a business owner, employee, politician, activist or a representative of any "for profit" or "non-profit" organization and are using PINKessence in any capacity to "Farm" "Fish" "or "Harvest" our members for purposes that are for the agency you work for or represent, you MUST declare such agency or business arrangement to the owner of PINKessence (Chloe Prince) and get permission to solicit services, share stories or canvas on PINKessence that would be consider "for profit" or "non-profit" purposes, or to inspire people to follow or engage in activism, attend meetings or meet for consultations. You are considered an "Agent" if you are being paid, exchanging services, receiving goods, bartering or accepting charity, endorsements or favors from any one or any thing. An example of acting as an "Agent" would be, for example: writing blogs and repeatedly "plug" a specific surgeon or medical practice in the attempt to sway members to visit the surgeon's website or office for consultations. If you are suspected of being an agent, your account will be suspended or banned, and financial restitution will be sought by legal means if necessary for using our systems in a capacity for gain that is not authorized on PINKessence.
Replies are closed for this discussion.